In Other News: Dancing Shoes and Topsham Burgers

Friday 21 November 2014

Well I’m going to debrief you on last weekend as this week has been most uneventful although productive as I’ve got a lot of uni work done...but we’ll gloss over that unless you want to hear all about mythologizing love and freedom in Spanish theatre?


George came to stay and we went out on the Friday which started with several games of Ring of Fire and f**k the Dealer. Both of which, as you probably know, are prime games for getting you rather worse for wear. We stumbled to Timepiece, not exactly known for its great music but they always play some old favourite so we got our dancing shoes on for Arctic Monkeys and The Wombats. It wasn’t a late one as I began to majorly yearn for Mega Kebab so we headed for cheesy chips.

The next day was spent mainly in bed. I did some writing and George worked on some music and we ended the day with our standard Chinese takeaway. Then on Sunday afternoon we hopped on the train to Topsham a really cute village just outside Exeter. It’s full of charity shops and second hand book shops which unfortunately were mostly closed but we went for a walk down to the quay and had a bit of an explore. I love getting out of the house and going somewhere different. I especially adore cute towns and villages cluttered with tea rooms and pubs. We got cosy in a pub where I had one of the best burgers I have ever had (with cheese of course) and George ordered a fish platter which also looked unreal.

I love to take a weekend to myself, sometimes I’ll hang out with George and just recharge. This weekend I have to crack on with my coursework but I’m going to grab lunch with Teagan at Wagamama now and am contemplating a night out tonight. Hope you all have a lovely weekend, let me know what you get up to!


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Carpe Everything. Design by FCD.