In Other News: Post-Exam Update

Thursday 4 June 2015

Good afternoon lovelies. First I must grovel, I’m sorry I haven’t been writing much recently I had exams going on through May and obviously they had to take priority but I am back now with the whole summer ahead and lots of things to tell you! I thought I’d give you a brief update on what’s been going on in and amongst exams. My next post will be on my weekend at Vogue Festival so watch out for that in the next couple of days!


Obviously I took myself post-exam shopping and found myself trying on everything in Zara. I opted for the striped midi dress you can see above. Super simple and perfect with a casual heel through summer.

I have some major news to share with you all. As you may know I’m a language student which means next year I’ll be abroad, in Spain. I applied to work with the British Council as a teaching assistant and cutting to the chase I have been placed in the Spanish region Pais Vasco! Soon I’ll be writing by the sea with sangria and tapas. If you’ve ever lived abroad or are planning to let me know below!

It was also my birthday over exams. I am now twenty, a proper adult?? I started the day with presents and prosecco in bed and then went out for a burger, pretty much the perfect day. Also you’ll see above a picture of Vogue May 1995, the month I was born. This was a gift from my friend Teagan and it’s safe to say I’m still fan-girling.

Also wow at Beyoncé at the Met Ball. I have to admit that I really wasn’t sure at first but c’mon it’s Beyoncé.

And as I mentioned I went to Vogue Festival with my sister. It was such a fun day and we got to see Jean Paul Gaultier speak which was just so inspiring. He was honestly so lovely and his take on gender and personality in fashion was really interesting. I stayed in London that night with my boyfriend and for breakfast we headed out in Notting Hill and Daylesford Organic which I would recommend to anyone, the pancakes were to die for!

What have you been up to? And does anyone have exciting summer plans? I have a few holidays planned and I’m really looking forward to spending some time with friends and family before I go off adventuring.


H XX

All the photos above are from my Instagram which you can check out here.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Carpe Everything. Design by FCD.