BIRTHDAY EDIT #2 : What I wore

Tuesday 24 May 2016

As promised I am back again to chat about my clothes. The plan wasn't to get onto my birthday outfit post this early in the week but I just can't help myself. 

The evening before my birthday George and I went shopping. He compared the trip to what we refer to as 'The Day at the Trafford Centre', which I won't go into, just know it was a very very long day of sale shopping on which I did not buy anything and I think George is quite traumatised from this. My birthday eve I went with a plan, the plan was basically to buy everything in Zara. Alas, I hated everything I saw.

Obviously I woke up on my birthday and immediately regretted this. I had started out with the wrong attitude, every good shopper has been there. And I wanted it all. I especially wanted one of their S/S faux leather jackets. I opted for the Sky Blue but I adore the yellow and pastel pink. I ran across the road, after a few glasses of breakfast prosecco, and got spendy. The first thing I made a beeline for was the jacket. 



Okay so it was about thirty degrees and a leather jacket was completely unnecessary for a beach trip but it was my birthday and I just bought a jacket I was hopelessly in love with. The colour is perfect for summer as it really brightens up any outfit. It's vivid enough to stand out without looking cheap which I feel can be a difficult balance. Here I threw it on with last year's Zara cotton midi skirt and a white tee. With my oversized sunglasses I felt chic but relaxed for an afternoon in the sun.



At first I wasn't convinced by all the zips and pockets. However, on I barely notice them and they can be quite handy. Even the belt has become a feature I really like but you can easily take it off if you fancy a simple change. It looks great over an all white outfit but I think it could look fab on top of all black or a simple jeans and shirt outfit. It's one of those pieces that immediately lifts your outfit whilst looking completely effortless.

Having something new to wear on my birthday made me excited about my look and it's something I feel really good in which makes all the difference. Leave your thoughts below! Let me know your birthday go-tos!

H XX


                        Jacket - Zara // Sunglasses - ASOS (Similar) // Skirt - ASOS (Similar)


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Carpe Everything. Design by FCD.