SEEING BILBAO : Hiking

Monday 16 May 2016



I love wandering around cities. I don’t need to go to all the tourist spots to see a city, although I won’t say no to a museum. I prefer to walk around, get a coffee, maybe shop. That has been no different in Bilbao. My favourite thing to do is still grab a takeout americano and walk along the river to the flower market on a Sunday morning. Sometimes seeing a city at its most simplest is at its best. 

I have to say though I had never been anywhere like Bilbao before. It isn’t your regular city. It is surrounded by mountains and only twenty minutes to the coast, if that. It’s unreal.




There are so many things to do in Bilbao but if you want to see it, really see it, you need to hike it. Or if that’s not your thing jump on the funicular. Either way you’ve gotta get up there.

I’ve hiked Pagassari and Monte Abril, both of which were beautiful. Wherever you hike around Bilbao you are bound to find a breathtaking view of the city. At the top of Pagassari you look down on the city, out to the sea or behind to the mountains. Monte Abril isn’t quite as high but the views are still unreal and it’s a great place to picnic in Spring surrounded by blossom trees.


Here are some of the photos from my Monte Abril hike. It’s such a fun way to get out of the city but still see it! What are your favourite things to do in cities? 

H XX

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Carpe Everything. Design by FCD.