Pandora Sykes X Warehouse

Tuesday 17 October 2017

I love autumn. It's an overly-cliché cinnamon candles burning, kicking up the dusty orange leaves, watching The Addams Family as soon as Halloween is mentioned kind of love. And if there is one highlight of the season it’s the clothes. The knits and the leather and the chunky boots. Don’t get me started on faux furs, in fact jackets of any kind need a whole blog of their own. I am always on the prowl for the best high street buys and something that has caught my eye is ‘Pandora Curates’ at Warehouse.

Warehouse is somewhere I seldom shop for no other reason than habit. I am well versed on Zara stock, as many know, I will always have a soft spot for Topshop and I definitely wouldn’t mind my wardrobe looking like And Other Stories. No, Warehouse has never been a ‘let’s have a browse’ go to, until now. Fashion journalist, podcaster and all round girl crush Pandora Sykes has teamed up with Warehouse to curate 8 looks with 25 pieces from their current collections. The showcase itself is wonderfully presented. Images of Pandora in each look are shot in bespoke settings with a summary from the curator on the key trends she has chosen. This is overlaid with small, silent video clips, cut from the full 51 second film in which we see Pandora on shoot. Cue Pandora with a backdrop of millennial palm leaf or a vintage record player, a quixotic world of style. The camera is never completely still as Pandora injects energy into each look, showcasing the movement and personality of each style because we can have ‘different feelings for different days’. Amen. I have already (mentally) shopped the whole edit. I thought I would share a few of my favourite looks, although I wish I was showing them all hanging in my wardrobe.


I am an absolute sucker for dogtooth, I don't think I will ever last a winter without it, or a bit of tartan. I think I might be daring enough to try the A/W17 suit trend I have been seeing so much. This is a bold look without looking over the top and I love that Pandora has added some blue notes with jewellery.


In truth this is probably one of my favourite looks for the mere fact it was inspired by Audrey Hepburn. The stripes and the skinny trousers are totally Audrey-esque and as Pandora reminds us this will 'always, always look right'. Both are staple pieces that could work with many things in your wardrobe. Everything about this outfit is dreamy. The synergistic patent cherry heel and bold lip and the final touch of gold statement earrings to pick out the buttons on the jumper works effortlessly. FABULOUS.


My final Pandora pick is this beautiful biker jacket. Pandora's posture mimics the oh so cool vibe the over-sized jackets mutters. It doesn't shout, it's too cool for that. This is the perfect winter jacket for all occasions. It can literally be thrown over any outfit to keep snug.

What do you think of the edit? Comment your favourite pieces down below.











Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Carpe Everything. Design by FCD.